Old versionsSee all
Bitrot Detector is a Windows utility that...
- Periodically scans your computer's folders (all of them or the ones you select)
- Generates fingerprints for each file's contents
- Detects changes made to your files since the last scan
- Lets you review changed files, and take note of changes that need to be dealt with
- Helps you identify and recover from hard-to-notice data loss
Bitrot Detector works best as a complement to your backup system of choice. Many people only turn to their backups after catastrophic loss (a hard drive crash, losing a computer, etc.) With Bitrot Detector, you can use your backups to undo small losses that would otherwise go unnoticed.